Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Singing in the rain

I need eggs, milk and apples form the shop to make sure we are all stock up ready for the big arrival. I wondered up the entrance to the community and thought to myself “what do you do hot shot? Go to Wal-Mart which is fairly close but ultimately you need to cross 60 lanes of traffic, or go to down the street a bit where there is far smaller chance of getting wiped out...what do you do?” (Shoot the hostage). I decided to take the safe option and off I went. One hour and ten minutes it took to walk to the store. Granted there were paths the whole way but I was knackered, wet and tired. All that walking in the rain takes its toll. I so need a car! I had arrived at the store and I worked out that it must have been 2.4 miles to get there. Next to the store there was a stop called Walgreens. This is like a 24hour Boots chemist, which also develops photos. I had got some photo frames earlier in the week and happened to have the memory card from my camera in my pocket. With these the apartment is starting to look like a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment