Thursday, October 22, 2009

How cool is the phone system.

It’s been very busy day at work today. I always think it is a nice problem to have as I really hate being bored. I found time at lunch time to get a bit of fresh air and explore Indianapolis a little more. There really are some hidden treasures there. Did you know they have canals in the center of Indy? They do look quite beautiful with rowboats going up & down and joggers running on the paths around. The trick is not to look too hard. I noticed that in order to make the water reflect the lovely sky blue color, they dye the water. Like I say at first glance it is lovely, but at second glance you think “toilet duck”.


Another phenomenon that I am still getting used to is the steam coming out from the man-hole covers. I know I have seen it in movies before, but it takes some getting used to. I can’t help but think of “stars in their eyes” every time I am walking over one. “Tonight Matthew, I am going to be...” Run over! “Hey I’m walking here!”


When I got back I got my first phone message. The phone system saves it is a MP3 file and emails to you as an email attachment. In the subject it says the phone number and shows the phone directory listing for that number. How cool is that! I am so impresses I have downloaded it to my iPod and I go jogging with it on now. I was friendly Lisa from Chase Bank saying: “How’s everything working out with the new bank account and to activate your card withdraw money from any ATM (cash point)”. Alright luv, I’ll use it when I want to spend some money thank you. – but I just said “Yeah, ok, have a great day”

No comments:

Post a Comment