Sunday, October 18, 2009

Paths to nowhere

So I have had a little look online to see how much mattresses cost. $250 EACH! WHAT THE F&*@! This was a bit of a shock, that can’t be right. Using my little iPod Touch I found out there was about 6 stores within walking distance that sell mattresses. I also found route a little out the way to get to them without crossing the bazillion lines of traffic that I have now become accustom to. I do mean walking literally a mile out of my way but hey, I have time to kill! After doing a little bit of research, it turns out that the ones I was looking at online were more top of the range with delivery on top. Phew! (This interweb thing will never take off you know.) I haven’t had the rest of the moving fund come through yet so I can’t really buy anything just now, I need to get a bed for me and Sarah, a couch and a car yet, not to mention telephone/internet.

Worrying about money I decided I would go for another walk to get some basic groceries. I got a few picture frames and picture hooks too! I have been to Wal-Mart and as, ahem, lovely Wal-Mart is, it struggles when it come to, well, ingredients. “Fresh is our middle name” but when I say middle name it was the middle name of a twice remove ancestor. After walking and hour, looking at the lovely sunset, I finally got to Meijer (pronounced may-er). I like this place. 5 isles of fruit and veg, the smell of cinnamon when you walk in, counters all around showing fresh fish and real live lobster fighting it out in a massive tank. Although I don’t think you pick your own! Erbs, or how we say it Herbs. Real growing herbs, none of you packaged rubbish.

I have bought a herb plant now and will look after and take care of his every need. I call him Basil, as he has a little name badge. Help me.

One thing I am finding a little annoying are the paths to nowhere. I’m sure if I was driving everywhere it wouldn’t even register. Some places have paths and some don’t... fine! But when you are walking down a path for …ooh say, 45 minutes, just to be faced with a great big nothing at the end of it is more than a little frustrating! Who builds a path that goes nowhere? So far, considering I have four non-working day so far, I have encountered six of these damn things. The latest one has a crossing, with a button and everything to cross the road to be hit by a sweet FA! I’m fine, it out of my system now.

A path the somewhere, right?

WRONG! The path litterally takes you to a tree. 45minutes it took me to get here!

Right, off to bed now. I work out that I must have walked about 11 miles today. My feet are killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment