Saturday, October 10, 2009

Argh my head hurts.

This morning I woke up with a bad head, but luckily go to sleep in. Result! I had a great night last night, even though I was ill the back the taxi. Today I have had a good day as I got to speak to my darling wife and kids via Skype. Wait here is more, my mum and dad also got the Skype account I set up working too… with webcam. I’m VERY impressed. Even me old mate bob got online line and spoke via MSN messenger. I recon we will be able to put a man on the moon next!

I went for a little wonder around today to have a look at Carmel (on foot). Now this place is beautiful. We are living just near the art district, where there is something always going on. As got into the town center there was a jazz band playing, artist painting, little stalls selling hand crafted jewelry. I even found Carmel elementary school where Zack and Katie may be going when they get here. It was about 20 minutes walk (at my pace),so they might be taking the school bus, or getting bikes.

The reason I was out was to look for a potato peeler, butter and red chili peppers. As lovely as Carmel center is, I couldn’t find a grocery store in walking distance. I went on the Monon trail which is a footpath, rollerblade and bike track that goes all the way in to Indianapolis (30 miles eventually). I walked about 6 miles and realized I still hadn’t found a store. I went back and went to other way and found "clays shopping district". This is a bit like riverside in Northampton but selling more expensive stuff. Now where do I find a potato peeler? Yankee candle store, no, star bucks, nope, pier 49, meh, whole foods, a-ha! Now this place in like Waitrose, but EVERYTHING is organic…. and expensive. The good thing about this is they sell to you by letting you try a sample first. There were tester cups next to everything, juice, cheeses, olives, dried fruits. After the first 3 isles I was full! I suppose I’d better buy something to show willing. Potato peeler, butter and red chili peppers…$12.. bloody con :0).

I worked out that I had come around in one massive circle and maybe I could get over this hill to cross the road to my apartment… 12 LANES later I managed to cross. I felt like Moses.
I treated myself to a dairy queen mix and match deal (meant for kids in think) where you can pick and choose from this menu and the more you get the cheaper it is. I had a chicken wrap and an ice cream sundae. Their kid’s portions are about the same as our large portions, so that did me fine.

Right I’m gonna blow up my new air bed now (a lovely gift from my darling wife).

No comments:

Post a Comment