Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm off

As I write this, am stirring in the loo at heatheow terminal4 dropping the twins off at the pool. Ok that was too much info but I figure I ive some time to kill before my flight.  

So the adventure begins. Mum and dad have just dropped me off and they kept very well composed. I thought it ironic that the moment I leave it starts raining for he first time in weeks. Driest September ever in Northampton. 

Damian has given me his sim card and a few contact numbers, but has also said, do you your contract with you. Er no. I have visa in my passport so am hoping that will be ok. 

The real thing that is bothering me is that I can't top up my phone as virgin mobile is on he blink. Great!  I'll keep you posted in that one. 
.. Time to wipe now, back in a bit.
--------------------------------
On the plane now with 2hours to Newark. I have just filled in the landing card an the customs declorarion. There are three things that I an a little unsure about.
 
Country of residence: I have put UK then in brackets Usa 3 years. Not sure if that is right but I'm sure they will tell me if there is a problem. 

The total value of all articles that will remain on the US: er 0? I'm sure as we will be renting everything there will be nothing to bring back. It is difficult to guess what crap we will equire over the next 3 years. 

In which country do you live?: right now I am literally in the middle. This morning I loved in the uk but this evening I will be setting up in carmel IN. So what so I put? I have left it blank. This is too hard. I know I'll just copy the answers of the guy next to me. 

Pedro from rio, that's me :0)

Back on a bit when I have landed.
--------------------------------
God I hate tuedays! So I get off the plane and wait in the line ready to have my passport inspected. I quickly realise that I am the only one with a white landng card rather than everyone else who has a green waiver form. No wait, there is someone. phew! ... And they have just been picked off by that officer. It will be ok,,,, oh shit here he comes. "Start in line 43 sir". Crap! That's where the other women went and she is in an interview room now. 

I open with "I have left this blank as I don't know what to put for where do you live... I have a visa you see" said quite smugly. (look at that baby!). "and where is your pertion document?" gulp. Say again dear? You must have it in order to enter the us. 

Well it's in the green folder on the bloody bookcase 6000 miles away! Shit! Luckily the guy said as it was my first entry to the us he would let me off. (I knew these dimples would cone in handy. ) I Can breath out now. 

Got to baggage reclaim, there's my bags. result! No waiting. ... There is the wheel from my bag. Shit! I am now waiting for my next flight and I haven't spoke to a strainger yet. I'm gonna give it a go. This is so unlike me but I have to get over it.

Ooh I can see the empire state building from here!
--------------------------------
Well that was fun. Small talk 101. Let's get chatting at the iPhone charger point. I would never do that, and you know what she spoke back and didn't say f**k off. I always plan it out different in my head. She gone for her flight now.
--------------------------------
Omg I am about to fly off on a smartie tube. It is tiny!  There I a big lady adjasent to me and I am worried if she leans over the whole plane will tilt.

Well although it was a small plane and Zack has had bigger kites, that was pretty smooth.  
--------------------------------
Right am in bed now. Rob had just picked me up from the airport and we have just eaten at moes Mexican place. That was both nice and filling but I am making a consious effort not to finish what is in from if me. Becoming overweight and falling into bad eating routines is in the forefront of my mind. 

He has dropped ne off at the new appartment and it in not quite how I remember it. I am underwelmed but also very glad that it is a short lease. It reminds me a kit of westleigh close were we used to live. Upstairs I can gear someones every footstep and the sound of the fridge humming. 

As rob left, he said he kind of felt like her was leaving his son at student halls for the first time. I said "thanks pop & send my love to mom". He smiled so I'm hoping he has got my sense of humour. 

Now the not fun bit. I have packed my things away and have inflated my air bed. It feels quite "cell like" and lonlyness is starting to kick in. It must be 1am uk time, so I have set my alarm to ring home at 7am. I need to hear farmilar voices and now!   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment