Friday, October 2, 2009

The End

Today has been a bit if a strange day really. I left digital paint, handed in my keys and said farewell to all that work there. On one hand I think to myself this is the place I have worked in to put a roof over my yeas and food on the table. On the other, helped build this company in into the profitable company it us with a staff of 10. If I think back to what it was like when I first started many things have changed. It all started off with Andrew in an office no bigger than 10x10 ft. I think it is fair to say you get to know someone quite well in such a tight environment.

Andrew has been a good boss, and I am lucky enough to class him as one of my friends, even though I have left the company he started and we built up.

Do today I spent teaching others how find what I do. I think it is a bit if an eye opener for both them and me. A lot if the time I just crack on with stuff because I can see the goal and just build toward it. When it broken down to each individual element it all equates to a lot.

As I deauthorused my iTunes and backed up my personal email and pictures, memories of good times past came flooding back. I wrote an email saying thanks for the memories, and I have to say I was filling up as I typed. I made sure I gave everyone a hug individually as they left at the end of the day. The truth is I am a hugger, but it is not always easy to go in for the hug. Once you have formally shook hands it is a bit difficult to break rank. Deep down I am hoping that the Americans will think "hey he is from Europe. Which I think is in England somewhere, and that's what they do"

I may have to play that one by ear, but I sure will miss hugs, especially as I will be out there alone for at least a month. Airbed here we come!

There is something in the air. Everywhere I look something dramatically I changing. Aline the account manager from sage pay is leaving her job, creative beast have moved out from our floor, mca upstairs has moved out, Dan has left digital paint, Phil is now living in a caravan with his girlfriend, bobs dad has moved on. I have always said that beginnings are scary/exciting, middles are fun and endings are sad. Right now I am sad, but early next I will be scared and excited.

Tomorrow I need to sort out banking and the insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment