Wednesday, October 14, 2009

ooh steamy!

Not much to report today, except for the project that we are currently working on. I won’t tell you the details of it too much but I can tell you it is promoting a film that is quite like the polar express train film.

The methodology is a bit different here as I have said before. We talk about what we could do, Two different designers come up with two different concepts that are presented to the client. The feedback from this may come back with a little of one and a bit of another. This is then done in a revised concept. Ideally they would sign this off and then we would build it. In the case of yesterday, they went back one of the original concepts (mine!). Personally I liked the one that Jonathan did better than mine but the customer is always right.

One this is agreed several people work on different this. I cut up the file I was working on to get a list of “assets”. This would be like, pictures, logos etc. Eric would put together a base, which is like a “wireframe” (yes a wireframe before you say anything, digital paint employees) of how it all goes together. Jonathan would then assemble and animate the whole thing.
The train is at a platform and I animated the steam from the bottom. It turns out that this was in an older action script version and conflicted with the main movie, so I’m sure that is was a pain in the arse to do. I know that I have learnt my lesson and will make sure it is now done in the correct version.

1 comment: