Friday, October 23, 2009

Time fly’s… then it just stops.

It’s been another busy day today. It has flown quite quickly past until I got a letter in the mail box when I got back from work. Nope, it wasn’t the International Driving Permit I have been waiting for, but two separate letters from my new bank. One says, they need a copy of the social security card, and the other says that the IRS demands I complete a form and mail it back to them or else they are “required to continue backup withholding on your account”. Now, I don’t know what the F@#k that means but it sound pretty serious. That coupled with the statement on the bottom if the form that says “Under penalties of perjury, I declare the above to be correct”, is more than a little bit frightening. There was a link to a manual to aid filling in the form. Seventy-two pages of three column fine print I have had to read and even now I don’t know what I am supposed to put. There is a help number that I am going to try and ring tomorrow morning.

I have a busy day tomorrow:

  • Ring Chase banking
  • Ring Dan’s Parents about the barn dance
  • Skype first thing in the morning to catch-up , Pick up the parcel that has been waiting for me for the last few days
  • Talk to the rental lady about the plug sock that is still broken
  • Hire a car – Oh yes, that’s right. Hire a car! – I have booked it, I just hope they accept the scan of my International Driving Permit Work out how to drive in the US
  • Go to the furniture rental places and see what deals I can get on renting a couch
  • Do some food shopping
  • See if I can see someone at AT&T, Verizon, bright house or sprint who can sort our phone and internet connection etc out.
  • 4pm Barn dance baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment