Saturday, October 17, 2009

We now have a bunk bed

I love Saturday mornings. It seems to be a good time to get online and speak to family and friends at home. On one hand it cheers me up, but on the other I do miss everyone so much. I feel like am man with an addition. My name is Ben German and it has been 12 days since my last hug. :0(

After a whopping 4 hours in the club house taking advantage of the free broadband, I made tracks back to the apartment where I was meeting Dan again. He had arranged to go around to Auntie Leslie’s house to put up these bits of furniture. When we went over there it was like I was given the impression that I was doing her a favour taking the furniture away. There was a bunk bed that was ideal for the kids when they come here. I really can’t emphasis enough how good these people have been to me. Dan, giving me lifts to and from work, Auntie Leslie and Gene giving me furniture for the house, David & Sian giving me some bits for the house and showing me where everything is and what the crack is from a Brits point of view. Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart.

It was interesting getting the beds from one place to another in Dan’s car, as the doors don’t open when you have bungee cords (or boingy straps as I call them). In order to get in the car you we had to go through the windows. Dukes of Hazard style.

Two trips in the car, a few tweaks of an Allan key and Boom the kids have bunk beds. I just need to get 2 mattresses for them. I’ll go for a little scout around tomorrow to see what I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment