Friday, December 25, 2009

That's a SIRIUSly good present

Happy Christmas everyone!

It took 4 hours to wrap everything from start to finish (so Santa tells me), but it took approx 12mins to unwrap everything. Next year I might let the kids have a go at unwrapping them.

Although we didn’t go out, it was a very nice day where we spoke to all of our families via skype. Obviously it is not the same as the real thing, but it is good to know that they can see and hear us at a drop of a hat… (after a fiddle of wires.. unplug it.. reboot the machine… ring technical support).

My favorite present was the Sirius (XM) radio and subscription I got. One thing I have really missed here is to wake up to commercial free radio. If you like country music, lots of talking or adverts every 3 minutes, then you are on a winner. The closest thing they have here to decent radio is i94 or radio now, but they have a play list of about 6 songs that go round and round.

I can now get BBC Radio 1, delayed by 5 hours so that when the DJs do a time check is the correct time here. It is defiantly money well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment