Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve/Day

We were invited to spend New Year’s Eve with some our new Expat Friends Sarah and Keith.

With our two kids you defiantly need a game plan if you think you can get them to be in any sort of good mood in order to last the duration of the evening. Run them ragged in the morning, let them sleep in the afternoon, and then let the chill out late at night. This works pretty well I have to say, as when they get tired they are REALLY grumpy and not at all fun to be around.

Armed with the works Android Phone, (strictly for testing purposes of course) I entered in the Address to the Google Navigation application. The phone is worth getting for this alone. It’s like a SatNav, but you get a satellite view, and a street view of where you are meant to be going. V Cool!

We arrive at about 7:30 and there was a party going on…just at a different house. My darling wife, Sarah was trying to find the invite on the phone to make sure we had the right address. Is it at the quiet house with no lights on or the house with all the cars parked outside?... too late, Zack had pressed the bell on the house that was quiet. The door opened and there stood our new Expat friend Sarah.

“We are all downstairs” she said. We take our coats off and continue downstairs to the cellar. As I am writing this I am probably not painting a very good picture of their house. Believe me when I say their house is beautiful. VERY Beautiful… and massive! You know those show homes you get?… Imagine that but on a grander scale. There were little Christmas trees on the path up to the front door, and where you walk into the grand entrance there was a life size Santa by the door. There were classy Christmas decorations all over the house (not the “it’s a gift” tat that you might see elsewhere). This place should be on MTV cribs!

We continued downstairs to the games room/pool room/gym/bar. This place was massive (in fact probably twice the size of our apartment).

…when I grow up I want to…

As the night went on, they had pub quizzes and games building up to the of the ball dropping. Just in case you didn’t know there is a big twinkly ball in Times Square in New York that gets raised up and drops at the stroke at midnight to bring the New Year in. This was the first time I had been with both kids (awake) to bring the New Year in.

I spent most of the time propping up the bar, but I was designated driver. :0( I suppose it was my turn. One thing I would say about USA is that because everyone drives everywhere, you need to have a designated driver most of the time. Either that or know a cab company, and expect to remortgage your house to get home.

I have to say it was one of the best New Years parties I been to in ages.

Thank You Sarah and Keith, if you are reading this.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for that generous description of our home! Glad you enjoyed the party, it was a fun and as it turned out very late night!!! Keith and Sarah

    ReplyDelete