Tuesday, December 22, 2009

RIP Mark Knight

Today has been a bit of a shocking day. I could talk about the snow and the fact that they cleared the roads within an hour, but instead I want to write a few lines about Mark Knight.

Mark Knight was a friend I knew growing up who passed away today. He was just a year or so older than I. I knew him mainly from the 6th Northampton Boys Brigade where he was always a key figure. He would always be up for a laugh and would make you feel welcome where ever you may meet.

As my life went on, we went our separate ways. I left Northampton and went to the University of Central Lancashire in Preston, returned to Northampton and now live in Indiana in the USA. Whenever I did bump into Mark, it would seem we would just pick up where we left off, as if no time had passes at all. In my experience, there are very few people you can do this with, as some friends look at you as if you were someone they used to know once-upon-a-time. We lost contact a little while ago and found each other on facebook again, and the banter picked right up again.

I will remember Mark as a key figure in the BB (in my day), the biggest Liverpool FC Fan and an absolute top bloke.

RIP Mark Knight. You will be greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment