Saturday, December 19, 2009

ihope?

I’m trying to make the most of weekends as it seems that the weekdays are quite long and I don’t get back until quite late sometimes. Also wanting the kids to help around the house, we now have a “responsibility chart” where they have stickers for tasks they needs to carry out such as: make bed, do homework, take out the trash (yes I said “trash”).

As the kids had done their jobs all week, for a special treat, they decided that they wanted to go to ihop (International House of Pancakes)… Although as far as I am aware they only have branches in the USA… Not quite sure how that works.

We turn up to the restaurant at around 2pm. It turns out that it never shuts. I suppose it is a bit like little chef. I mean you wouldn’t go there on a date… but you would go there if you were really hungry… or... well hung-over.

Sarah and I had the pancakes & eggs while the kids decided to share a smiley face pancake for dessert and chicken with fruit salad for the savory. I think I missed the memo on fruit being savory, but as it seemed to be a fairly healthy option, I shut my mouth and went with it.

When our food came out they bought it out all at once. I found out later that this is pretty standard practice here. If you order all at once you get all the food all at once (regardless if you want it then or indeed if it actually fits on the table).

The kid’s hot pancake arrived with the shape of a happy face drawn on it with whipped cream. My kids take their time eating, (unlike me). As they gently ate their way through their first course, the cream started to melt on their second course. As I ate my dinner, this pancake face just sat there looking at me slowly melting. The once happy face of the pancake now had a melted so the smile turned down at the sides, looking at me as to say “you disgust me, filling you face with your high fat, low fiber incredibly sweet dessert…. Just look at yourself!.. ya fat bas**rd.” OK, maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me that this may not be the most health of places to eat.

Don’t worry though! I helped eat his face to teach him a lesson! The judgmental git!

No comments:

Post a Comment