Saturday, March 20, 2010

jumping from pad to pad

The plan was to get a short lease for say 6 months then we would have a chance to look around and find something with maybe more rooms and space for the kids to run around in. Where we ended up was no accident. It is in the school boundary for Carmel Elementary school. From what I have read this is one of the top elementary schools around here. The only thing is that our lease for this apartment is coming to an end and we need to find somewhere else. A great opportunity you may think. I thought the same until I stated getting into logistics and the reality of it all.

Carmel is (dare I say) quite an exclusive location and the school boundary for the school is quite small. To find a 3 bedroom property that isn’t double what we are paying right now is quite a challenge. I have been looking at websites like “For Rent” to see what we can find. A few are just outside the boundary, and few are really expensive. I short listed a few and rang them up earlier in the week but only one has come back with any kind of decent response. We look at this on Tuesday.

In the meantime I have taken up my new fitness routine that involves running around stereotypical American neighborhoods looking for rental signs and using my phone to take pictures of them. I don’t imagine it will be too long until the Police are called as it must look quite odd seeing some bald bloke taking a photo of a house then running again.

If that did happen I kind of see a faulty towers moment where someone says “It’s ok… he’s from England”

It has been a really nice day today and now I am back from my run, I now have found that I have sunburn on my head.

Warning glow in the dark Brit approaching!

2 comments:

  1. All of the elementary schools in Carmel are good Ben, they follow the same curriculum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair Comment. I think it more to do with taking him out of school again after 5 months he is finally getting settled and got new friends of his own. Taking him away from that again I think borders on child cruelty. :0)

    ReplyDelete