Saturday, January 2, 2010

Out to the Movies

I have just got back from watching Avatar. My god this is a good film. I hate really long films and my attention span lasts about…. What were we talking about again? This film is 3 hours long but every second of it was good. That’s all I will say about it as I hate over hyped movies. I went with Dan (my work mate) and two of his buddies (Steve and Rob). I offered to drive as he picked up the tickets.

I am not used to Indiana cold. Sure I know that back in the UK it is cold and rainy and miserable weather, well, most of the time. I also know that I love moaning about it. When we came out of the movie theater I have literally never been in that temperature. My car said it was 2 degrees. No biggie right? Don’t forget this is Fahrenheit not Celsius. It work out about -16C. We all ran to the car to get the heaters on full blast (not that it made much difference).

We then went on to an “Irish Pub”. I was the closest thing to being Irish there, but it was a nice atmosphere. Dan referred to as a smokers’ pub. If you like to smoke then this is the place for you.

We sat down at a table and a cute girl came over to me and said, “Can I get you a drink”. Oh Yeah… I’ve still got it! I may be losing my hair but with this smile and these dimples I am truly irresistible. “I’ll have a bottle of Stella, please”

“And you sir” she says talking to Dan.

“I’ll have a Stella too please” says Dan.

“and for you guys…” she says to Steve and Rob.

I’m starting to think she will crack on to anyone… either that or she is serving us drinks. It turns out she was serving us drinks. I have never been to a bar were you have had a server before. A tab wasn’t opened, everyone has ordered… a round hasn’t been bought… It’s all very confusing. What happens if one of the guy’s drinks like a fish and one of the others (me) is a lightweight?

As I sat pondering this, two more of Dan’s friends Leslie and Zack joined us.

I have had one, Dan’s had two, Steve is on water, Rob has had two, Zack’s ordered food, but was that more than… or did I have the… so how many did…

At the beginning I offered to buy a round but now I have no idea of how much I need to pay, but I do know that it is likely to be more than the $30 I have in my pocket.

Crunch time… what’s the damage?

“Here is you bill sir” giving me the bill for just my drink… “and here is yours” giving Dan his. Before I had worked out what was going on, Dan had already paid his. Technically I got out of buying a round, but I think Dan could see I was kind of flustered with the whole experience. I will buy you a pint next time we are out Dan… promise!

After paying up, it was time for a run back to the car… My god its cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment