Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How Much!

How Much!

After the steaming car breaking down in Carmel earlier in the month I have been keeping a close eye on the temperature gauge, so it doesn’t overheat again. Last night when I got back from work, it was back in the red after about 15minutes. I won’t be driving that then!

After getting some advice about the best service centers, I decided to go to the garage or “take it to the shop” as it were. There is a little place in the centre of Carmel that I took it to with a very nice clean garage. The guy there was very helpful and said that they would take a look at it and see how much it is likely to cost to fix. At work later on he rang me back saying that the radiator is cracked, it will need a new thermostat connection hoses and coolant. With labor and tax charges you are looking at a grand total of $845. WHAT THE ____________________________ flat line.

I said thank you, but we both agreed that at that cost it might be worth getting another car! I said I would talk to my wife and let you know what we want to do and drove my car a very short distance back to our apartment. After looking at the internet to get an idea of what we could buy or lease I think it would be worth getting a second opinion on the repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment