Monday, January 18, 2010

I got it covered!

On the way to work I was chatting to Dan about his weekend and asked if he had a chance to visit his sister in hospital after giving birth to a little baby boy called Benjamin (nice name).

"yes. He is a cutie" says Dan.

"is he a good sleeper or does he cry a lot" says I

"no, he is a good lad. He only really cried when he was circumcised"

"circumcised? Why was that? I know you are not Jewish"

"all baby boys are when they are born"

"WHAT?"

"yeah, it's pretty standard, you know, for health reasons"

It turns out that this is very common place here. You are born and then you lose the end of your dinkle. I read up on it on my lunch break and it turns out that this has been happening for generations to “reduce infection”. As long as you keep it clean what is the problem? Dan is surprised that they let me in the country with my foreskin, but I am not giving it up!

On the plus hand I hear they have an excess of rubber bands here!

If asked to do something, I have spent most of the day replying “I’ve got it covered”. (I think it has fallen on deaf ears though).

No comments:

Post a Comment