Sunday, January 10, 2010

Going around in circles

I went to the drop Sarah off at Castleton Mall to do some shopping and I took the kids swimming. Using the HTC Android phone, I did a search for swimming pool. It found three! The kids were gutted that the places it found were outdoor swimming pools that were covered in snow. I threw in the towel and said, fair enough we will go to the one at the Monon center that is inside. (Generous I know!)

The kids love the Monon swimming pool mainly because of the C current. That is what I am calling it by the way. It looks like the letter C in another letter C. As you go around in circles, the current of the water soon picks up and before you know it you find yourself drifting along. Zack loved it but Katie can only handle it in short bursts before she gets a little freaked out. I usually stick with Katie in the pool if she wonders off as Zack is a stronger swimmer, but from the other side of the pool you just see the top of Zack’s head going around in circles and there is a lifeguard standing right over the C. I once told the kids it was like a big toilet. This is something that I regret as Zack shouted from the other side of the pool “Dad look, I am a poo that has just been flushed”.

“My boy everyone!” – I’m so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment