Friday, May 28, 2010

Our Big St Louis Adventure.

Time for a break me thinks. In the USA you get Holiday time and vacation time. Holidays are what I would have called Bank holidays and Vacation is what I what call Holiday, just so you know the difference. Compared to 22 days vacation I used to get in the UK, I now get just 10. I have started to notice more now than ever how people plan their time so that Holidays are taken side-by-side with vacation so that time off lasts longer. Hopping on the band wagon I booked time off work to spend a long weekend with my family.

I want to see as much of the USA as possible. I’m getting to the stage now where I have seen quite a bit of Indiana, and know my way around Indianapolis without a GPS Sat Nav. Sarah and I looked at a map to find out what was fairly close (within 6 hrs drive) we could take a look at. We finally settled on St Louis, Missouri.

Before we go to St Louis


On our way to St Louis (Sarah driving)


When we finally got to the hotel I was greeted by a warm glowing face saying how can I help you sir….NOT! As I got to the desk I was faced with a girl covered in (what looked like gang) tattoos, chew gum looking at me as if she had no face muscles.

“I have a reservation… here are the details” I say as I hand here a print out

“It not ready until 3pm” as she flicks the paper back to me.

What I didn’t realize is that we crossed a time zone, so everything is off by an hour. We decided to take a drive to the museum to kill some time before our room was ready.

before going to the museum


just visited the museum #1


just visited the museum #2


Our accommodation was bed and breakfast only so we decided to have dinner at the olive garden. I have never been there and the last time Sarah had been, was around 15 years ago.

arrived at the olive garden


After olive garden


Day 2 just getting up before breakfast


Playing with the bug screen after breakfast before the zoo


In the water falls at the zoo


At the zoo - Zack Telling us we have just seen animals and insects

At the zoo - looking at the bear


At the zoo - after the gift shop

No comments:

Post a Comment