Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Early Bus

If I do say so myself, I'm getting a lot better, quite quickly on my rollerblades. I haven’t mastered the crossover turn yet, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

I quickly I got to the bus stop this morning. I got there and there was two buses waiting. The 7:45 bus hadn't left yet so I thought I would hop on that one.

I don't know if it was to the pollution warning on the TV last night, asking people to car pool/take the bus or if it was just the earlier bus, but this bus is packed. As I write this I count 34 people... Well dressed business people... Well dressed business people that are looking at me... this sweaty, out of breath, Brit, wearing a helmet and Pads on my elbows and knees. I roll down the aisle saying "morning", but all I see is people looking up from their laptops and iPads in disgust.

I just went to the back of the bus where kitchen area was and got changed into my flip flops, ready for the business day.

What? You mean you don't wear flip flops to work?

Now I have got changed I have sat next to a woman who, let's say, had a bit of trouble moving her bag off the seat where I wanted to sit. I can't imagine why she would have a problem sitting next to the sweaty mess that is me. I think someone needs a hug :0)

I think she just read that. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment