Sunday, June 27, 2010

I have new wheels

  • Good - I have to leave work on time, so I get to see more of my family
  • Bad - I need to catch the bus
  • Good - I can chill out, get online or work on the commute
  • Bad - it takes another 45mins to walk from the bus stop and home twice a day.
  • Good - I'm walking 5 miles a day, and getting much needed exercise.
I need a way to reduce the walking time between home and bus stop.

I'm not exactly sure whether it is the smooth paths, the people skating on the Monon trail or the fact that I have been working on maltoskatesallday.com, but I have a desire to skate or should I say rollerblade. In my minds eye, I would like people to look and say, whow look at that guy go. I know deep down they will probably say, "whow that aging bald guy managed to stay up for 10 seconds that time. When I hit 30 and day I want to skate, slap me because that guy looks a mess".

The truth is, right now I don't care. I get the bus fairly early, so hopefully there won't be too many people watching (just enough to pull me out of the hedge), plus the kids are at an excepting age where they don't use the phrase "I wouldn't be seen dead with him".

Today I said bollocks to it and bought the skates, knee pads and a back pack for my laptop. I had a test run today and I made it to the end of the street without falling over. How hard can it be? One thing that did surprise me is the amount of sweat that pours off me. It is 35oC after all.

Tomorrow is the day of reckoning. Bus stop here we come!

Note to self: look up methods of stopping before getting on rollerblades.

No comments:

Post a Comment